This fruit with a binomial name Prunus persica is a deciduous tree native to the region of north-west China. (Peach Health Benefits )
It has been cultivated in this region for around 8,000 years and is an important cultural and medicinal fruit.
Peach Juice is very beneficial for the body and is rich in Vitamin C, E & A. It is also rich in iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, sulfur & zinc.
The juice has various health benefits like:-
- Supports kidneys,
- Protects the heart,
- Boosts up the immune system,
- Helps in weight loss,
- Aids digestion,
- Detoxifies the body,
- Prevents aging,
- Improves vision of the eyes,
- Prevents inflammation in the body,
- Strengthens the respiratory system,
- Provides good sleep at night.
PEACH HEALTH BENEFITS:-
Peach juice doesn’t have a strong mindset for antioxidants but it does contain some levels of lutein and lycopene, beta-carotene, vitamin C and E. All of these compounds in the fruit have anti-carcinogenic and tumor-suppressing properties, making peach juice a great way to lower the risk of cancer as one age.
Improves heart health:-
This juice is ideal for protecting the heart as it contains iron and potassium & vitamin C. Iron helps in increasing the circulation and ensures proper oxygenation and blood flow in the body. Whereas potassium functions as a vasodilator which aids in releasing tension in the blood vessels and it also reduces strain on the heart. Vitamin C helps by speeding up the healing process of damaged arteries and tissues, reducing the risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, and stroke.
Peach Benefits for Skin:-
Vitamin E and other antioxidants are known for their anti-aging properties as they can eliminate the free radicals from the surface of the skin which decreases the wrinkles and other spots. This juice also improves tone and glowing of the skin.
Peach for weight loss:-
This fruits juice has very low calories and there are only 60 calories in a single cup of this juice.
Improves respiratory system:-
It acts as a soothing agent and cuts through mucus and phlegm, which helps in eliminating the underlying infection and clears the track.
Treats inflammatory conditions:-
Conditions like arthritis, gout, migraine or some stomach disorder cause inflammation. Due to anti-oxidants present in this fruit, it helps in releasing inflammation from the body. It also prevents histamine release during allergic reactions.
Detoxifies the body:-
This fruit is known for its diuretic and laxative properties. These properties help the body to remove toxins from the body and also releases stress from liver and kidney.
Boosts up the immunity system:-
Due to the presence of Vitamin C & A, along with other anti-oxidants, this juice helps the body fight against foreign substances.
Due to the presence of Beta-carotene in this fruit, it helps release oxidative stress on the retina.
Provides good sleep:-
Due to its mild sedative effects, it provides good sleep.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH JUICE:-
- 4-5 peaches,
- 1 cup water,
- 2-3 ice cubes,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar, if required,
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, if wanted.
- Firstly thoroughly wash the peaches and then cut them in half.
- Remove the stone and the flesh immediately.
- Scoop out the tender flesh of the peach from the skin.
- Now add the peaches, water, sugar, and ice into a blender.
- Blend thoroughly for around 1-2 minutes, until an even mixture is obtained.
- If the juice is still too thick then add more water and re-blend.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve into another container.
- Press the remaining pulpy material to get maximum juice out of it.
- Serve the juice chilled.
Side Effects of Peach Juice:-
- Allergy depends on person to person which includes swelling of lips, tongue, and throat. Redness, itching, and shortness of breath may also occur if intake is in large amount.
- Stomach Disorders which is caused due to an intake of excessive amount of this juice. It may cause cramping and gas followed by diarrhea.
- Fatigue is caused due to an intake of excessive amount.