Aluminium foil is also referred to as misnomer tin foil is an aluminum prepared with thin metal sheets. They are impermeable to oxygen and water.
It is recyclable, shiny and versatile in nature. It is used mainly for
- Boost, and
USES IN KITCHEN:-
- Softens Brown Sugar:- Brown sugar gets clumpy and lumpy after a time. Wrap the sugar in the foil and keep it in the oven for five minutes at 300 F. This softens the sugar and you can fulfill your needs for this sugar.
- Crust Protector:- When the foil is wrapped on the crust of a pie, it prevents it from browning and blackening. It also prevents the crust from falling off before the pie has been cooked properly.
- Pressure Cooker Lifter:- The foil can be used as a lifting apparatus for pressure cookers without getting your hands to be kept in danger. It can also be used to lift hot bowls by wrapping the foil all around and lifting it carefully.
- Cake Pans:- Use the foil inside your pan and it can be used to make a cake of any size and shape you want.
- Oven Cleaner:- Place the foil on the trays and grills on the oven so that something if kept which may bubble does not fall on the oven floor. Do not place the sheet of the foil on the main surface of the oven.
- As a Scrubber:- Use the foil to scrape off the rough and sticky material from your pans. It helps in proper cleaning of the pan without leaving any residue.
- Re-heat Crispy Food:- Pizza delivered at home may not be finished at a single sitting. So keep it on the foil and fold the foil on the crust to prevent from heating. Bake it at 350 F for five minutes.
USES IN THE GARDEN:-
- Scare Birds:- Birds are scared of shiny things so dangle some foil pieces on the tree. It also scares off the light-sensitive pests.
- Protection from Deer & Rodents:- During winter, the tender trunks are a favorite food for animals. Wrap the foil on the trunk and this will prevent the animals from eating them.
- Keeps our Slugs and Bugs:- Use the foil and roll it over your plant. This will prevent them from feeding on the plant.
- Sun Boxes:- Use the foil to make a box-shaped structure and use it to reflect the sunlight directly on your plants. This prevents you from relocating your plants.
USE IT FOR CLEANING:-
- Cleaning Silverware:- Silverware gets tarnished by day to day use. Make the foil lay down in a pan and pour some salt and baking soda with some hot water. Put your tarnished silverware into this mixture and leave it. After the tarnishing has been cleared off wash it under cold water.
- Protect Soap Bottoms:- The soap from being regularly used coverts into a squishy and damp structure. So to prevent it put a layer of aluminum foil at the bottom of your soap.
- For Sliding Heavy Furniture:- Heavy furniture in the house is very hard to be shifted from one place to another. Cover the legs of the furniture with the foil and this helps in easy shifting of your furniture. This also protects the legs of your furniture.
USE IT FOR LAUNDRY:-
- De-static:- Instead of using dryer sheets for washing use foil balls. This prevents the clothes from getting exposed to chemicals which may destroy them.
- Speed Ironing:- Place the sheet of foil on the surface of the iron. This prevents the clothes from sticking and also speeds up the ironing time.
- Attaching Patches:- It can be used to patch the pants from the inside.
- For Cleaning Iron:- Put some salt on the foil and run the iron over it.
USE IT IN THE GARAGE:-
- Sharpen Scissors:- Rub the foil over the sharp edges, it helps in sharpening the edges.
- Polish Chrome:- The chrome of the vehicles losses their shine after some time. Rub the aluminum foil all over the chrome with constant rubbing. This will retain the shine of the chrome.
- Cleaning Grill:- Use the foil to scrub off the grill rack. This will leave no residue on the rack and will also clean it thoroughly.
USE OF TECHNOLOGY:-
- Light Reflector:- Lay a sheet of the foil over a cardboard and it can be used as a light reflector while clicking photos in studios.
- For fixing loose batteries:- For fixing loose spring of the batteries use foil. Keep the foil at the loose end, this will allow the current to pass freely and also fixes the loose problems.