- The US President Donald Trump recently announced that he will donate $1 million.
- This money is donated for flood relief operations in Texas & Louisiana.
- The money will be donated from his own personal funds.
- The flood occurred due to heavy rainfall of about 52 inches.
- Around 38 people have died due to the floods.
- Donald Trump traveled to Texas on Tuesday for assessment.
- He would then be going to Houston this weekend.
STATEMENT OF WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY:- ( Donald Trump Donate 1$ Million Harvey Flood Relief Operations 2017)
- The Press Secretary of White House states that “Donald Trump will proudly pledge millions of his personal money for the help of people of Texas & Louisiana.”
- “I had a chance earlier to speak directly with the President and I am happy to share that he is happy to join with the efforts in the flood relief operations.”
STATEMENT OF THE PRESIDENT:-
- The US President said that “It looks like around 100,000 homes have been affected which is a big number. All the homes will have a different amount of insurance whether they are insured or not.”
- Bossert states that “The Harvey disaster relief fund already had $3.2 billion with them and the President would ask Congress for a more supplemental request.”
- Bossert also states that “We will make the request for supplements based on the data available at that time. Another supplemental report will be prepared with additional information. This additional information would help in calculating the total for Congress.”
- Accuweather estimated that Harvey’s flood will cost around $160 billion, which is the costliest disaster in US history.
- More than 30,000 people took refuge.
- 200 people were sheltered.
- Around 1,800 evacuated people have been moved to hotels and other housing options available.