In medical terms, hair loss is known as alopecia, which states loss of hair from an area of the head or sometimes from the full head. Hair loss is caused because of hormonal changes or some medical conditions and also by the use of medications but in some cases it is genetic. (Home Remedies for Hair Loss)
Anyone can get affected by hair loss no matter the age and sex of the person. Baldness means excessive hair loss from the head scalp and this is more common in men as compared to women.
Normally an average of 50-100 hairs shed from your scalp daily but this figure of shedding does not cause hair thinning as the new hair keeps on growing and the older ones shed. When this cycle of hair shedding and hair growth is disturbed due to any reason which causes more hair shed as compared to growing, then the person will experience hair thinning and hair loss.
Common causes of hair loss are:
- Hormonal Changes:- Many physiological and pathological condition may tend to cause hormonal imbalances in the body which provoke hair loss as in pregnancy, menopause, thyroid disorders, cancer and many others which causes ups and downs of hormonal levels, leads to hair loss.
- Nutrition Deficiency:- This includes certain common nutrient deficiency which causes hair loss. Vitamin D, vitamin B, copper, zinc, and proteins are common. Proteins are the most important for hair growth. Deficiency of any of these results in hair loss.
- Medications:- Some medicines have side effects of hair loss which includes drugs for arthritis, cancer, heart problems, blood pressure & birth control. Consumption of excessive dose of vitamin A can also lead to hair loss.
- Medical Conditions:- Extreme stress and depression are the common causes of hair loss among youngsters nowadays. Anemia, hypothyroidism, cancer and many other diseases may cause hair loss. Scalp infections can also cause hair loss.
HAIR LOSS TREATMENT:-
A person can either go for medications or surgeries. But seeing the side effects of hair fall medications, it is highly recommended to make medicines as a last option. Some of the below-listed home remedies are perfect to prevent hair loss. All of these remedies are tested and are completely safe and assured results are there.
HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR LOSS:-
These are some remedies of how to stop hair fall immediately and some home remedies for hair fall and dandruff.
- Oil Massage:- Massaging has a positive effect on hair growth as it increases the blood circulation and some oil promotes hair growth. Coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, castor oil & amla oil are recommended for scalp massage.
For faster results add few drops of rosemary essential oil to any of the massage oils. Warm the oil and then massage it into the scalp properly and leave it for almost an hour before washing. Do this twice a week for better results.
- Onion:- Onions are rich in sulfur which is an important nutrient that promotes hair growth by promoting the collagen production and regeneration of hair follicles. Onions are known to reduce hair fall and increase hair growth.
Squeeze the juice of onion and apply it to the scalp. Leave for around 15 minutes before washing. Do this twice a week for better results.
- Amla Or Indian Gooseberry:- It is the richest source of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, an anti-inflammatory & an anti-bacterial which helps in maintaining a healthy scalp and also promotes hair growth.
Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon of amla pulp with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Massage the scalp thoroughly with this mixture. Leave it overnight and then wash it in the morning.
- Egg:- It is rich in protein, sulfur, zinc, phosphorus & iodine.
Take the egg white and make a paste with olive oil. Massage this mixture on the scalp and leave it for 20-30 minutes and then wash it off. Do this twice a week to get the good results.
- Hibiscus:- Hibiscus flowers also cures dandruff and thickens hair.
Make a mixture of 10 hibiscus flowers with coconut oil by heating the solution. After cooling the mixture down apply this mixture on the scalp. Leave it overnight and wash in the morning. Use this mixture twice a week for better hair growth.
- Fenugreek:- It is commonly known as “methi”. It enhances hair growth by regenerating the hair follicles and also stimulates the hair growth because of proteins present in it.
Soak the fenugreek seed in water overnight. Make a paste and apply it to the scalp. Wash it after an hour.
Here are some tips to prevent hair loss.
- Minimise the use of hair dryers, hair straighteners and curlers as much as possible.
- Do not use hair dyes and other solutions for hair as they contain toxic chemicals which damage the hair and enhances hair fall.
- Make hairstyles in which the hair does not get too tight.
- Use mild shampoo for hair washing.
- Massage the scalp with oil once a week for healthy hair.