Fish is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. It contains important nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D. It is the world’s best source of fatty acid like omega-3 fatty acids, which is important for the body and brain. (Healthy Fish Recipes 2017)
- Fish is high in nutrients
- Benefits of eating fish for skin and hair.
- It lowers the risk of heart attacks and strokes
- It contains nutrients that are crucial during development
- They increase grey matter in the brain and protect it from age-related deterioration
- Fish may help prevent and treat depression
- Benefits of eating fish eyes.
- Consumption of fish is a good dietary source of Vitamin D
- Consumption reduce the risk of autoimmune diseases, including Type-1 Diabetes
- Prevent asthma in children
- Protect the vision in old age
- Improve the sleep quality
Here are some of the Indian fish recipes which are easy to prepare and are very delicious.
This is one of an easy healthy fish recipes.
- Fish fillets – 3-4
- Onion – 1/2 (grated)
- Garlic – 3 cloves (grated)
- Ginger – 1 slice (grated)
- 2 eggs
- Garam masala – 1 Tsp
- Chilly powder – 1 Tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Cilantro – handful (finely chopped)
- Oil for frying
- Take water in a pan and boil it. Add the fish to the water and let it cook properly (until the fish turns opaque).
- Remove the fish from the water and shred it into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and saute the onions, ginger, and garlic in it till the smell vanishes.
- Add the shredded fish to the above along with some garam masala, salt, chilly powder, and cumin powder.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it becomes very much dry. This is very important for the cutlets to bind together well.
- Once the above mixture is cool enough then add one raw egg to it. Mix everything very nicely with hands.
- Beat another egg in a separate bowl.
- Make small round balls out of the mixture and shape it into patties. The shape of the cutlets can be any as per the person preparing them.
- Dip the patties shaped cutlets in the beaten egg then coat them with breadcrumbs. Now you can either deep fry, shallow fry or bake these cutlets.
This is the easy fish recipe and takes very less time to be prepared.
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Fish fillets – 4
- Onion – 1
- Green Chillies – 2 (minced)
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Tomato – 2 ( crushed)
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Mint leaves – handful
- Chilly powder – 2 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
- Cumin powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 5
- Cinnamon stick – 2 pieces
- Cardamom – 2 pods
- Bay leaf – 1
- Star anise – 1
- Cashew nuts/ Almonds – 10
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt – 1/2 Tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Egg – 1
- Wash and soak the rice for about half an hour. Fry the rice in 1 tbsp of ghee and keep it aside.
- Cut the fish fillets into small pieces of any shape.
- Take a small bowl and beat an egg in it and mix the spices for “Fish” with it.
- Coat the fish pieces with the above mixture and shallow fry them. Keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, star anise, and cloves.
- Put the onions and fry till it becomes golden brown in color. Now add the remaining ginger-garlic paste and green chilies and fry it for 2-3 mins, until the raw smell vanishes.
- Then add the tomato puree to it along with the chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and curd and fry until a nice spicy paste is formed.
- Then add part of the chopped coriander leaves while saving a part of it for garnishing. Now add chopped mint leaves and fry for another minute.
- Add the nuts to the mixture.
- Put the above mixture with rice into a rice cooker with 3 cups of water and let it cook.
- Once the biryani is prepared add the fried fish pieces to it. Gently toss everything without breaking up the rice and keep covered for about 10 minutes. Do this when the biryani is still very hot so that the flavor of the fish will blend in with the rice.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and add few fried fish pieces on top and serve hot.