It is a long-term inflammatory disease in the airway of the lungs. It is an obstruction in the passing of air through lungs. The airways in asthma get narrow causing resistance to the free movement of the air. In asthma, the airways swell causing obstruction. There is no known cure for this disease, but it can be controlled by minimizing the symptoms. (Home Remedy for Asthma)
Asthma Sign & Symptoms:-
Some of the sign & symptoms of asthma are as follows:-
- Shortness of breath
- Tight feeling
- Pain or whistling sound in the chest
- In some cases, one may not stop coughing
There is no known cause of asthma. Asthma is basically triggered due to the following:-
- Airborne substances like pollen grains, dust, particles of waste, etc.
- Respiratory infections
- Excess of physical activity
- Cold air
- Medications like Beta-blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen.
Some of the medicines which can prevent triggering of asthma are as follows:-
- Inhaled corticosteroids (anti-inflammatory drugs) like fluticasone, beclomethasone, and fluticasone furoate.
- Leukotriene modifiers like montelukast, zafirlukast and zileuton.
- Long-acting Beta-agonists like formoterol and salmeterol.
- Ipratropium which is a bronchodilator
Some of the allergic medications are:-
- Allergy shots (immunotherapy)
This is also known as allergic asthma. Some of the triggers of asthma that can be avoided in daily life are:-
- Use Air conditioner
- Decontaminate your home
- Maintain humidity
- Reduce entrance of pet in the house
- Regular cleaning
- Cover your nose and mouth during winters
- Regular exercise
- Maintain a balanced diet
- Control GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
HOME REMEDY FOR ASTHMA:-
- Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
- Firstly dry the Indian Gooseberry properly.
- Powder the Amla or Indian Gooseberry.
- Take 1 teaspoon of powdered Indian Gooseberry in a bowl.
- Mix a single spoon of Honey to it.
- Consume this mixture daily in the morning.