It can be defined as the excess production of acid in the stomach. Acidity Symptoms includes:- (Home Remedy of Acidity)
- Pain in the chest and stomach.
- Sour Belching.
- Heaviness and pain in head and back.
- Nausea & Vomiting.
- Bloating in the stomach.
Acidity is caused because the stomach produces acid (i.e., hydrochloric acid, also known as HCl) in order to digest the food consumed by a human.
The acid in the stomach is produced by the cells that form the outer lining of the stomach.
Some cells also produce a base called bicarbonate in order to buffer the acid content of the stomach.
Mucus is also produced by the cells in the stomach to cover the inner lining of the stomach which prevents the stomach from being damaged by the acid content.
The main cause of acidity includes:-
- Consumption of deep-fried foods.
- Overeating and eating just before going to bed.
- Excess caffeine consumption.
- Citrus fruits.
- Spicy foods.
- Medicines like NSAIDs, antibiotics, chemotherapy, and bisphosphonates.
- Pregnancy, mainly during the first trimester.
- Processed or preserved foods.
Acidity can be treated with the following agents:-
- Foaming agents.
- Proton pump inhibitors or PPIs.
- H2 Blockers.
ACIDITY HOME REMEDIES:-
- Firstly add a single teaspoon of saunf to a cup of boiled water.
- Cover it and leave it overnight.
- Strain the water in the morning.
- Add one teaspoon of honey to the above mixture.
- Consume this mixture thrice a day for proper relief.
Other Home remedies:-
These are the methods of How to cure acidity permanently.
- Consuming around 2-3 liters of water daily can help you prevent acidity from occurring.
- Avoid over-consumption of tea and coffee.
- Avoid overeating of oily food.
- Limit the consumption of spice and other condiments.