It is defined as the ulceration of the mucous membrane of the oral cavity of the mouth. (Mouth Ulcers Home Remedies)
Mouth Ulcer Causes:-
An ulcer is caused mainly due to local trauma (e.g. rubbing the oral cavity with a sharp edge on the broken filling) and another reason is aphthous stomatitis (also known as canker sores), a condition which is characterized by the recurrent formation of oral ulcers for unknown reasons.
Ulcers often cause pain and discomfort, and may also alter the person’s choice of food while healing occurs like avoiding acidic or spicy foods and beverages.
Some of the other causes of mouth ulcers are as follows:-
- Traumatic ulceration
- Chemical injury
Mouth Ulcer Sign & Symptoms:-
Symptoms of mouth ulcer include:-
- Joint Pain
Mouth Ulcer Diagnosis:-
Mouth Ulcers can be diagnosed with the help of several methods:-
- Blood tests ( mainly for vitamin deficiency, anemia, leukemia, HIV infection, diabetes)
- Microbiological swabs (infection),
- Urinalysis (for diabetes)
Mouth Ulcer Prevention:-
Mouth Ulcers can be prevented by the following ways:-
- Avoid very hot foods and drinks
- Use a soft toothbrush
- Consume a balanced diet
- Intake 2-3 Liters of water daily
- Don’t use tobacco
- Avoid or limit the intake of alcohol
Mouth Ulcer Medicines:-
Some medicines that are used for treatment are:-
- Antacids, and
HOME REMEDIES OF MOUTH ULCERS:-
- Baking Soda
- Luke Warm Water
- Take baking soda in a bowl.
- Add few drops of Luke warm water to it.
- Apply this freshly prepared mixture for about 15 minutes on the sore part of the mouth.
MOUTH ULCER TREATMENT AT HOME:-
- Gargling with salt or ice cold water
- Mix 1 part of hydrogen peroxide and 1 part of water and apply on the sore part.
- Apply ice to the sore part.