PANEER BUTTER MASALA
Hello friends, today I’m gonna share restaurant style paneer butter masala recipe. This is an important north Indian main course and the recipe which I’ll share is very easy, simple and quick. So let’s get started:
200 grams Paneer (cut into cubes)
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
2 onions (cut into cubes)
4 tomatoes (cut into cubes)
A bay leaf
Cinnamon (small piece)
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
8-10 Garlic pods
Ginger (small piece)
15-20 Cashew nuts
1 tbsp Dry fenugreek leaves
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Red chilly powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp Honey/sugar
4 tbsp Fresh cream
1. Take a pan and put a tablespoon of butter. Once it gets warm, add all the whole spices – cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. Stir fry it for a minute. Now put in the garlic pods, ginger pieces and fry for another one more minute.
2. After that add the onions, stir until the onions are cooked and tender. Do not overcook or grown the onions, let it cook just for a minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-4 minutes, until they’re tender and mushy. Keep stirring.
3. Lastly add the cashews, salt and very little water in the pan. Close with the lid on medium high flame for 10-12 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and check & stir again. Let it cool down a bit and then transfer this mixture into to a blender with very little water. Blend it for good 30-40 seconds to make a smooth paste out of this.
5. Basic gravy is ready now you can strain this mixture into another bowl so that it becomes smooth and free from any lumps.
6. Now take a pan add the remaining butter and oil, let it warm. Put a bay leaf, followed by red chilly powder and stir well. The reason for putting the red chilly powder in the oil to give a nice colour to the dish.
7. Before the oil starts to burn, immediately pour in the strained mixture of gravy. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes or until oil starts to ooze out. Check the salt and add the remaining dry spices- turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and mix it well.
8. With the help of your hand crush the fenugreek leaves a little and add it to the gravy. After mixing it put honey and stir in the fresh cream, mix it for a minute or two.
9. Lastly, toss in the paneer cubes in the gravy and mix well until they are nicely coated with the gravy. Once done close the flame.
10. Now its ready to serve!
Take a serving dish and garnish some fresh coriander leaves on top with the swirls of cream.
It goes very well with some naan, roti or rice on the side.
- 1. If you want you can also cook the same mixture in a pressure cooker instead of a pan and give 2-3 whistles. For quicker option.
- 2. You can also use a hand blender instead of the blender here.
- 3. If it’s required then you can also make the gravy in advance and put it in the fridge. Later you can re-heat it by putting paneer cubes in it.
Do try this delicious and easy recipe, and let me know how did you find it in the comment section below.