SPROUTED BROWN RICE:-
Same as other sprouted grains sprouted brown rice isn’t one of the most common ingredients found in a dish. It does have an important part in a number of cultural meals. After the regular brown rice is soaked in water and sprouting is allowed to begin, this germinated brown rice is gluten free and has a higher nutrient density. Whenever a food is allowed to germinate, it changes its nutrient profile. In case of brown rice, sprouting can boost up the levels of GABA and various minerals, as well as some of the active ingredients and acids. (Health Benefits of Brown Rice)
People use sprouted brown rice in many of the same dishes as regular brown rice. It makes it an ideal fiber boost in dishes. Although sprouted brown rice might be more expensive, it is worth the cost, or one can simply make it at home.
SPROUTED RICE NUTRITION FACTS:-
Sprouted brown rice is rich in many of the nutrients and minerals. They are:
A single cup of sprouted brown rice contains:-
- Fiber (2 gms)
- 170 calories
- 4 gms of protein
- Fat (2 gms)
- Carbohydrates (41 gms)
Other nutrients include:-
- Vitamin E,
- Vitamin B.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROWN RICE:-
- Nutritionally rich
Sprouted brown rice contains activated Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), enzymes, antioxidants, zinc, potassium, manganese, copper and vitamins B-6, E & B-12. Sprouted brown rice also contains fiber, protein, and folate.
- Promotes easy digestion
A person who is suffering from IBS, constipation and other GI problems can benefit by including sprouted brown rice in their diet. The activated enzymes and nutrient properties os this rice work together to cleanse the colon and promote smooth bowel movements. Sprouted brown rice also lowers inflammation and flatulence.
- Brain food
Sprouted brown rice help in increasing brain activity and aids in curing memory loss and balances the nervous system.
- Controls Blood Pressure
The high fiber content help to scrape off excess cholesterol and helps in the reduction of hypertension, thereby preventing cardiovascular disorders and complications.
- Treats Diabetes
Fiber and brown rice is known to regulate the release of glucose and insulin into the body, which is good for diabetic patients and those at risk of developing this disease.
- Detoxifies the Body
With the higher levels of some minerals, vitamins, and active compounds sprouted brown rice help stimulate liver function and eliminate toxin compounds from the body.
- Improves Mood
The good amount of gamma-aminobutyric acid present in sprouted brown rice can affect the neurotransmitter activity and boost up the mood. It also eliminates depression & anxiety which are symptoms caused due to an imbalance of stress hormone levels.
- Aids Growth & Development
Due to the presence of high protein levels than the traditional brown rice, this sprouted rice can help in growth and development. it also promotes repair and recovery caused due to illness or a workout.
- Controls weight
The activated fiber and manganese present in sprouted brown rice work together to eat excess body fat.
CHOOSING TYPE OF RICE TO BE SPROUTED:-
- Choose any variety of a whole grain brown rice, from short to long-grain, for sprouting.
- Wild rice is much longer than other rice varieties and is cut before being sold, so it does not sprout, but it will split after soaking it in water for several hours.
- White rice is similar to white flour, the germ is removed, so it does not sprout.
HOW TO COOK SPROUTED BROWN RICE:-
For preparing sprouted brown rice all a person need is a sprouting chamber, some water, and rice.
- Add a half cup of brown rice to a glass or to the sprouting container, then cover the rice fully with water.
- Soak it for 12 hours and then drain off the water.
- After another 12 hours, rinse the rice again with water and drain off the water.
- Repeat this process of rinsing and draining for around 2-3 days, after this the tiny sprouts should start to appear.
- Store the sprouted brown rice in an airtight container until they are ready to use.