Every single human being feels anxious nowadays. So, it’s a normal emotional state. For example, one might feel nervous while facing a problem at work or before taking a test or before making an important decision. (Yoga for fear and anxiety)
Anxiety depression disorders are a group of mental illnesses, and the distress these disorder causes can keep a person from carrying on with the life normally.
This disorder includes different conditions such as:-
- Panic disorder:- In this, an individual feels the terror that strikes randomly. During the panic attack, one might also sweat, experience chest pain, and palpitations occur (irregular heartbeats). Sometimes there is also a feeling of choking or a heart attack.
- Social anxiety disorder:- It is also known as the social phobia. In this, the person worries about self-consciousness in everyday social situations. One might worry about other people judging or being embarrassed or ridiculed.
- Specific phobias:- A person feels intense fear of an object or a situation, like height or flying.
- Generalized anxiety disorder:- A person feels excessive, non-realistic worries and tension with little or no reason.
All anxiety disorders share these general symptoms:-
- Panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Sleeping problems
- Not being able to stay calm and still
- Cold, sweaty, numb or tingling in hands or feet.
- Shortness of breath
- Palpitations of Heart
- Dry mouth
- Tense muscles
The exact cause of this disorder is unknown, but there are some reasons via which this disorder might occur:-
- Changes in the brain
- Environmental stress
- Faulty circuits in the brain
SYMPTOM LOWERING TIPS:-
These tips might help control or lower the symptoms of this disorder:-
- Reduce the intake of foods and drinks containing caffeine, like coffee, tea, coke, energy drinks and chocolate. Caffeine is a mood-altering compound and makes the symptoms of anxiety worse.
- Consume right, exercise and get proper sleep. Involve in exercises such as jogging and biking, which help release the brain chemicals that reduce stress and improve the mood.
- Get proper rest and follow a proper bedtime routine.
YOGA POSES FOR ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION:-
This asana enables better blood circulation all inside the body. The back also gets a good stretch. This asana calms the mind and also reduces stress. This asana also helps fight insomnia as well.
This asana is a seated forward bend that stretches almost every part of the body and relaxes the person as well. It touches the mind, body, and soul, thus keeping a person happy and healthy. This asana helps calm the mind and all the worries leave the body.
This asana helps a person to develop core strength. It is very easy, but one needs to involve the mind and the body while practicing this asana. It works on the core and the spine and helps release stress.
This asana contains an interesting feature, i.e., the opposition of force. This feature balances the two opposing energies and helps find a balance between them. It is a very easy asana, but one needs to be present in the moment to make the most out of it. The twisting and stretching help release the anxiety and calm the mind and body.
This asana flexes the spine, and when a person combines this asana with breathing, it enhances its benefits. One of the main benefits of this asana is the stress release. It makes the body more flexible and also improves circulation. Therefore, it contains great healing properties that help relax and calm the mind and the body.
After a proper workout involving stretching, twisting, contracting, and the inverting of muscles. It allows the body to rest and re-group. Even the most neglected muscles will get time to let go of their stress in such a short period of time.
Yoga furnishes the nervous system of the body with a lot of neuromuscular information. Shavasana helps the nervous system integrate this information before the mind gets busy with the daily stress.
YOGA FOR ANXIETY YOUTUBE:-