YOGA FOR CLEAR SKIN:-
Yoga and Pranayama are two of the most effective methods one can practice daily to keep the skin beautiful, youthful, and glowing. There are various poses, breathing techniques, and hand gestures that a person can master in order to fight the skin problems. (Yoga for Glowing Skin)
Benefits of Yoga for Skin Problems:-
- Yoga provides a natural glow to the skin by flushing out all the toxins from the body. It also regulates the digestive and the excretory system that promotes the internal purification of the body.
- It relaxes the mind and the body and thus reduces stress. Stress makes the skin appear dull, tired, and worn out. Yoga rejuvenates the skin and makes it blemish-free by cutting down the stress level.
- Allergies or impure blood can cause infections, boils, and pimples. Yoga promotes the healing of skin infections and allergies by maintaining the proper blood circulation and by flushing out of the toxins from the blood.
- Yoga provides restful sleep. Lack of the restful sleep makes the skin lose its natural shine and luster.
- Yoga tightens and firm the skin and gives it a natural lift thus reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
HOW DOES YOGA PROVIDES GLOWING SKIN?
When a person practices yoga, the blood circulation in the body is enhanced. This means more oxygen and lowers free radicals. The fresh blood provides a warm glow to the cheeks. The toxins are also flushed out, and the body remains toned, thus adding to the beauty quotients. (Yoga for Glowing Skin)
YOGA FOR GLOWING SKIN WITH PICTURES:-
These yoga poses and meditations described below can help a person attain younger and prettier skin. This works by improving the blood flow to the nerves present underneath the face that promotes skin cell renewal. Some people say and ask How to glow skin in one day or How to get glowing skin in 2 weeks. But for getting a glowing skin an individual has to be patient and wait for a few weeks for better results. Devote at least 15-20 minutes to these yoga poses every day for a few weeks.
Shoulder Stand Pose (Sarvangasana)
This is one of the most effective yoga for glowing skin and improves the skin texture and quality by promoting proper blood circulation to the face. This yoga pose helps get rid of a pimple, acne, and blemishes the skin and also helps to get rid of wrinkles and skin dullness.
Lie on the back and raise the legs and torso off the floor so that the body rests on the shoulders. Use the hands to keep the hips up off the floor. Close the eyes and breathe deeply in this position for around 30 seconds to 1 minute and then slowly return to the starting position.
Plow Pose (Halasana)
This yoga asana improves the digestive process that is important for glowing and a healthy skin. It is also the best yoga for lower back pain and neck that relieves strain on the lower back and boosts the metabolism.
Lie on the back and gradually raise the legs and torso off the floor and lower the legs behind the head to touch the ground. Stay in this pose for around 10-15 seconds and then back to the relaxing position.
Forward-Bending Pose (Uttanasana)
It promotes the blood flow to the face and is one of the best poses for glowing skin. This yoga asana increases the oxygen supply to the skin cells and also supplies helpful nutrients that help fight the damage caused due to the free radicals and thus encourages skin cell renewal. It the easiest exercises to reduce tummy without much effort.
Stand straight with the feet closed and arms raised overhead. Now, bend forward from the pelvis and touch the ground while keeping the legs straight. Keep the eyes closed and let the head hang freely. Stay in this position for around 1 minute and then return back to the standing position.
This yoga pose improves the digestive health and also enhances the glowing of the skin naturally. This pose removes the toxic and harmful substances from the body organs. It is also the best yoga exercise for neck pain.
Sit on the floor with the legs stretched in front. Shift onto the right buttock, bend the knees and tuck the legs to the left. Now twist the torso to the right, put the right hand on the floor for support and keep the left hand under the right knee. Stay in this position for around 1 minute and then repeat for the opposite side.
Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
It promotes healthy skin by improving the functioning of the thyroid, pineal, and the pituitary glands and also balances the hormones. This asana provides a stretch to the muscles of the face and throat.
Lie on the floor and tuck in the hands under the hips. Now, lift the body off the floor so that it forms an arch from the head to the hips. Stay in this position for around 1 minute and then return to the starting position.
Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
This yoga exercise opens up the lungs, chest, and the heart and supplies more oxygen to the skin so that the skin feels refreshed and rejuvenated. This pose restores the equilibrium of the body and mind.
Stand with the legs placed wide apart. Turn the right foot out, raise the hands to the sides and bend to the right side from the hips. Let the right hand come down towards the floor and the left hand up in the air. Maintain the head in a neutral position or turn to the left side with eyes gazing upwards. Remain steady in this position while taking deep breaths and then return to the standing position and repeat it for the opposite side.
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
This yoga asana helps in reducing tension, stress, and fatigue. It acts by opening up the chest. This pose increases the supply of oxygen to the skin cells which helps the body to flush out all of the accumulated toxins from the body.
Lie on the stomach with the toes flat on the floor and hands under the shoulders. Take a deep breath and gradually lift the head and the torso off the floor, only keeping the navel on the floor. Support the torso with the hands and straighten them so that your back is arched. Hold this posture for 1 minute and come back to the initial position.
Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
It involves an intense backbend that opens up the rib cage and increases the lung capacity for inhaling more oxygen. This asana reduces the stress and also balances the hormonal level in the body, responsible for acne and pimple outbursts. (Yoga for Glowing Skin)
Kneel down on the floor with the hips, knees, and thighs perpendicular to the floor. Now bend back and hold the heels. Let the head hang back, opening the throat. Hold on for around 1 minute and then return back to the starting position.
Wind Relieving Pose (Pavanamuktasana)
The asana improves digestion and also helps in relieving bloated abs. The compression effect of this pose helps in regulating the nervous system and also aid all the muscles to relax. It also treats constipation which in turn cures the acne and pimples and provides a youthful and a clear skin.
Lie on the back with the feet together and arms resting on the sides. Take a deep breath and bring up the right knee towards the chest and press the thigh on the abdomen with the clasped hands. Now, lift the head and chest off the floor and touch the chin to the right knee. Now, loosen the clasp and let the leg return to the straight position. Repeat the same with the other leg.
Mountain Pose (Tadasana)
This pose helps to concentrate on the deep and rhythmic breathing that is an important element of a healthy skin. Getting more oxygen via controlled breathing helps the body to release out the harmful toxins and keeps the skin healthy and glowing.
Stand straight with the feet flat and heels a little distance and base of big toes touching. Now, raise both the hands and join them in a Namaste in front of the chest. Extend the shoulder blades and bend towards the back and then release slowly. Keep the head straight in line with the middle of the pelvis and stay in this position for around 30 seconds to 1 minute. Concentrate on the breathing through the entire duration of the asana.
This is a common pranayama and it increases the stamina, gives a flat belly, and also develop a healthy and a glowing skin. Kapalbhati benefits for the face includes glowing and it rejuvenates the skin.
In this, sit with the legs folded and then practice forceful breathing by inhaling softly and exhaling forcefully.
Place the left hand on the knee, thumb, and the index finger touching and the other fingers stretched. Now, put the index finger and the middle finger of the right hand between the eyebrows. Breath in from one nostril while keeping the other closed and vice-versa. Use the thumb and ring finger to close the inactive nostril.
This pranayama includes forceful breathing. A person has to sit in Vajrasana with the fists clenched and continue forceful breathing for around 3-5 minutes at a stretch. Beginners can target for 1-2 minutes and then slowly for the longer period.
This is one of the best breathing pranayamas in which a person sit in Padmasana and breath in via one nostril while keeping the other closed and breath out with the other nostril keeping the former one blocked.
It balances the water element in the body. It promotes the flow of the body fluids, thus, keeping the skin moisturized and hydrated at all times.
This hand gesture is performed by pressing the little finger and the thumb together while keeping the rest of the fingers straight.
Practicing yoga poses for achieving a healthy and glowing skin naturally includes to take care of these following steps:-
- Choose the yoga postures that promote blood circulation to the upper portion of the body, i.e., the head and the face area.
- People with the oily skin face problems of acne and pimples during summer. Cooling pranayama and breathing exercises provide a soothing and cooling effect to the skin and help retain its glow. It also promotes emotional and physical cleansing.
- Try the yoga poses that detoxify the body. This detoxification takes place via forceful exhalation. It also improves the digestive process.
- Meditate at least 2 times in a day to radiate the natural glow of the skin from within.
- Devote at least 20 minutes to facial yoga exercises every day. It tightens and tones the facial muscles and prevents the signs of aging. Massage the jaws and eyebrows to reduce the stress and relax the facial muscles. Work the cheeks and chin by doing the “Kiss and Smile”. Push the lips out as much as one can as if a person is about to kiss and then smile broadly.
- Perform Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar every day to break into a sweat and promote natural detoxification of the skin.
NATURAL TIPS FOR GLOWING SKIN:-
Here are some of the simple and useful natural tips that a person can follow in combination with these yoga poses and pranayama in order to get a naturally glowing skin.
- Drink Water – Begin the day with a glass of lukewarm water with some lemon juice and honey. It detoxifies the system and keeps the skin healthy and clean.
- Eat Fresh – Stay away from packed foods. Include fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains in the diet.
- Take Rest – The body needs around 6-8 hours of sleep every day in order to rejuvenate and restore the wear and tear.
- Use Natural Things on Skin – Avoid chemical skin products, cosmetics, and creams as much as possible. Use Ayurvedic products and go for natural remedies instead.
- Reduce Stress – Smile a lot and stay happy and enjoy the things in order to keep the mind stress-free. The happiness that is reflected in the smile is the best makeup for the face.